Tuesday 21 May 2013

Kenzo spring/summer 2013 accessories

The Kenzo S/S 13 collection has been a huge source of inspiration in my final major project and I have created many mood boards based on imagery from the collection. I loved the visual display that went into the video backdrop for the catwalk. It featured lots of exotic photographic locations and animal imagery which morphed into the most exciting vivid textures and abstract patterns. Bold shapes and iridescent animal prints filled the background as the models walked down the catwalk floor which was also lit up in similar electronic changing patterns.
I think this catwalk collection not only showcased some fabulous print and pattern designs, but it also demonstrated how the use of technology is being increasingly more involved in designer catwalk shows to enhance the visual experience.
Here are some of Kenzo's S/S 13 accessories which I have made int a mood board. I think that they are really funky and will definitely be incorporated into similar designs on the highstreet. The bright colours give the animal prints a new lease of life and make them really accessible to everyone in my opinion. It is also interesting to see how they have used their print and pattern in different ways to create a variety of successful products and accessories.

No comments:

Post a Comment