Monday 3 December 2012

Yoko Ono unveils new fashion line

Yoko Ono's unusual creations from her new menswear line were apparently inspired by John Lennon's 'hot bod!'

yoko ono fashion

As part of a collaboration with retailer Opening Ceremony, Yoko Ono unveiled a new menswear collection on November the 28th called "Fashions for Men 1969-2012." My first reaction to this collection was.... oh my goodness! And I have to say that is still my reaction as I can't quite take the hand prints on crotches very seriously. Who would find the idea of hand prints on a man's crotch appealing?
 
Aside from the distracting and bizarre hand prints, Ono's new collection of 18 pieces also includes tanktops with nipple cutouts and a flashing LED male bra. Recently in an interview, Yoko Ono (79-years-old) says the she made the designs 43 years ago as a wedding gift to John Lennon.
 
“I was inspired to create ‘Fashions for Men’ amazed at how my man was looking so great. I felt it was a pity if we could not make clothes emphasizing his very sexy bod,” she told Women's Wear Daily (WWD). “So, I made this whole series with love for his hot bod and gave it to him as a wedding present. You can imagine how he went wild and fell in love with me even more.”
I'm not sure those nipple cutouts are going to catch on Yoko Ono, but it's definitely something new!















No comments:

Post a Comment